NEW PRODUCT FOR 2024!
PRICING HAS NOT BEEN SET AS OF NOVEMEBER 2023. THE PRICE SHOWN IS ONLY AN ESTIMATE AND WILL CHANGE!!!
One of GM's Most Popular Big-Blocks is Elevated with More Power!
With the popular and proven ZZ502 as its starting point, Chevrolet Performance engineers took its capability to the next level to create the more powerful SP502/605 Deluxe, which is rated at a strong 605 hp and 580 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s the sort of power for your vintage muscle car, hot rod or classic truck that comes only from the incomparable Big-Block family.
New, higher-compression pistons, a new hydraulic-roller camshaft, CNC-ported oval-port heads and more drive the SP502/605’s greater output — and this all-new Big-Block crate engine is distinguished with all-new cast aluminum valve covers based on the striking, contemporary design introduced on the ZZ632.
It is offered in a Deluxe kit that includes an 850-cfm carburetor and aluminum intake manifold, HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump and balancer. It also includes a new-design five-quart oil pan.
Part Number: 19421200
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Intake Manifold (P/N 12363407): Aluminum dual-plane
Carburetor (P/N 19420447): 870-cfm four-barrel
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): 0.649 intake / 0.650 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 246º intake / 258º exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19418910): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
Rocker Arms (P/N 12675724): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Distributor (P/N 19432312): HEI type
Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
Starter (P/N 19302919): Included
Ignition Timing: 32º total at 4,000 RPM
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6200 RPM
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and must be installed by the engine installer
- Clutch linkage bosses are drilled and tapped. When using cast iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts for shorter heads, for clearance
- Block features a mechanical fuel pump boss (NOTE: There is a fuel pump lobe behind the boss.)
- Comes with an externally balanced 14” automatic transmission flexplate.
- Use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11” clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
- Not intended for marine applications