The GenV LT5 crate engine is the same engine that powers the C7 Corvette ZR1 and is the most powerful production engine ever from Chevrolet, rated at 755 horsepower and 715 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s also a technology powerhouse, with Chevy’s first dual-fuel system, featuring direct injection and supplementary port injection, as well as a new, larger-displacement supercharger to boost the engine’s air charge.
||GenV LT5 6.2L
||755HP @ 6400RPM
||715FT/LBS @ 3600RPM
||Cast aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
||Forged steel, 3.622"
||A356T6 Rotocast aluminum; as cast with 65.5cc chambers
||0.551"/0.524" Hydraulic Roller
|Dur. @ 0.050"
As the power behind the 2019 Corvette ZR1, the new, supercharged 6.2L LT5 represents the pinnacle of Chevrolet’s performance: It’s the most powerful engine ever offered in a Chevy production vehicle. The Chevrolet Performance LT5 crate engine delivers 755 horsepower and 715 lb.-ft. of torque. It builds on the successful supercharging legacy of the LS9 and LT4 engines, with advanced technologies such as camshaft phasing and direct injection.
An all-new, 2.65-liter supercharger (64 percent larger than the LT4’s supercharger) pumps out more 13.9psi of peak boost and blows into a robust charge-cooling system with about twice the capacity of the LT4’s system. It’s supported by a unique dual-fuel system that features eight port-style injectors, which complement the engine’s standard direct injection system. That’s a grand total of 16 injectors, with the auxiliary port injectors supporting the direct-injection system under heavier fuel loads such as wide-open throttle.
The LT5 also features the largest throttle body ever on an LS or LT engine, an electronically controlled bypass for the supercharger, specific heavy-duty main bearings and more. The bottom line is there’s never been a more powerful production-based crate engine from Chevrolet Performance—and it’s ready for your ride!
• Assembly does not include any electronics
• Use LT5 Controller Kit P/N 19370666 (Includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU) - THIS KIT REQUIRES A 40 TOOTH RELUCTOR WHEEL FOR THE VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR. IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE!
• Includes production dry-sump oil pan. Requires production or aftermarket oil lines and oil tank (not included)
• Not intended for marine applications
• Flywheel included; crankshaft has 8-bolt flywheel mounting pattern