The OE LT1, LT4, and LT5 crate engine’s water to oil heat exchanger is appropriate for a street car, but is wildly insufficient for track or performance use.
Not to mention on most pro touring cars, they won’t fit with many aftermarket headers!
Those looking to delete the factory heat exchanger and replace it with a high-efficiency air to oil cooler can use Improved Racing's thermostatic adapter to maintain precise control of oil temperatures.
Improved Racing's adapter features a built-in thermostat that automatically bypasses the cooler until the oil reaches operating temperature. No need to worry about over-cooling the oil or long warm-up times!
The adapter features standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports that accept optional male adapter fittings for -08AN, -10AN or -12AN lines.
Two interchangeable OUT ports provide flexibility in line routing. A plug is included for the unused port, or an optional sensor adapter fitting may be used for an 1/8" NPT or M12x1.5 sensor. The extra port can also be used as a turbo oil feed or for plumbing an oil accumulator.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory heat exchanger, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C) in most conditions (other temperatures available upon request).
- Rebuildable - just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- Extra OUT port can be used for a sensor, turbo oil feed line, or oil accumulator
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- High-temp Viton seals
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA