The OEM water-to-oil cooler system used on the Gen V LT (LT1, LT4, and LT5) crate engines are insufficient for spirited use which leads to overheating. Not to mention the factory oil cooler interferes with most header systems on Pro-touring builds. This kit comes with everything needed to cap off the radiator hose barb fitting (on your water pump) and plug the engine block coolant passage used by the factory cooler.
It’s recommended to run a remote oil cooler on these engines, but check out our blog post on the matter before you decide.
Oil Cooler Delete Kit Includes:
- 1 x 5/8'' ID Rubber Coolant Barb Cap
- 1 x Worm-Drive Clamp
- 1 x GM Part # 11611351 - M27 x 1.00 mm coolant plug
- 1 x black billet oil filter bypass housing (includes O-ring and bolts)
- (If planning on running a remote oil cooler you do not need the bypass housing; view our other listing with an oil cooler thermostat instead!)
- 2014+ (C7) Chevrolet Corvette, all models
- Gen V LT1, LT4, and LT5 crate engines